The Oven-Baked Mexican Quinoa Casserole last week was delicious! It’s vegan and gluten-free, although I topped mine with a little cheese and sour cream once it was on my plate. The beauty of this dish (besides the fact there is no need to pre-cook the quinoa!) is each person can customize it with whatever toppings they like. Everyone ate it, although my 4 and 7 year olds weren’t big fans. I’m sure the quinoa will grow on them, I’ll be trying more quinoa dishes in the future!
The menu this week:
- Savory Grilled Chicken with Honey Butter, quinoa & sautéed broccoli (this chicken is a Dream Dinners meal, but I found this recipe that might be similar)
- Crockpot Bacon & Cheese Chicken (this looks yummy and hopefully similar to the Dream Dinners Pub Style Chicken we liked. I’m going to try making my own ranch dressing to use in the recipe instead of store-bought), rice, spinach salad
- Crockpot Mac n Cheese, carrots
- Sliced chicken sausage with sautéed onions & pasta, green beans
- Breakfast dinner (probably waffles and scrambled eggs) with fruit (a request from my youngest boys)
I’m sharing my menu at I’m an Organized Junkie again this week!